Thursday, November 13, 2008

Review!



So yesterday I had lunch at a great place in Bakersfield, California.


(I'll wait while you recover from the shock of this revelation)

Mama Roomba's in Bakersfield is a Caribbean place that sprung up a couple of years ago and despite having a fabulous menu that isn't totally meat laden, and very authentic, it's stayed open. Praise the food Gods.



I stopped in with my friend The Loss Adjuster and had a few things from their menu.

We ordered some sweet potato fries, sauteed mushrooms, plantain chips, and some calamari (because as I have mentioned before, I do sometimes eat fish) and washed it all back with some homemade Sangira.

Everything was beyond fantastic. The real treat at the end of the Sangria being of course all the fresh fruit that had been soaking in the glass. They offer it by the glass or by the pitcher for 19 dollars. Also our lunch came up to be about 40 bucks for two people with drinks, so it wasn't expensive.

I had been to Mama Roomba's a few years back and have also tried their mojitos. They are pretty much to die for.

After having spent Monday evening at the Los Angeles Farmer's Market, marveling at everything there that was available for a vegetarian person to eat, I was thought I was pretty spoiled, but Mama Roomba's really took the "cake" if you know what I mean.


Definitely if you ever do something wrong and are banished to Bakersfield, California for an evening, check out Mama Roomba's. Once you're full and happy you can grab a drink at the Alley Cat bar next door and really see some wild life...

No comments: