Saturday, January 10, 2009

Soyrizo!

As someone who grew up in Southern California, I've been eating Mexican food my whole life. And before giving up meat, I ate ALL of it. I've been having a hard time finding substitutes for some of my favorite meats until a neighbor of mine turned me onto some Soyrizo.

Holy crap, this stuff is good! And it's so easy to cook up. Just a few minutes in the skillet, depending on how crisp you want it. And because it's soy, there is very little mess left behind in the pan (something I do NOT miss about real meat, is the clean up.)

Best of all Soyrizo seems to be a great compromise in my house, since The Boyfriend does still eat meat. He gets the deliciousness that is Chorizo and Eggs and I get to not have actual Chorizo in my house. It's a win, win for everyone.

Just as a heads up though, because this isn't meat, the "casing" on the "sausage" is NOT edible. I didn't see any mentions of this on the package, but the "sausage" is wrapped in a thin saran wrap, so make sure to cut the plastic off and squeeze the Soyrizo into the pan before cooking.

1 comment:

The Loss Adjuster said...

One of these days, you must make me some Soyrizo and eggs...