Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PRODUCT REVIEW

I went grocery shopping the other day and picked up a premade Vegetarian sandwhich from the frozen section. I was shopping at Foods for Less and let's just say their selection is pretty crappy, but I don't always want to make myself a meal. I don't think I should be denied pre-made frozen crap just because I don't eat meat, so any time I see a quick and easy entree I have to try it.



This product is NOT Vegan. It does contain cheese.

I microwaved one of these puppies this morning and really my only complaint is the bread. The bun is pretty dry, small and very easily overcooked. The Chik'n patty though isn't bad. It's pretty flavorful and didn't dry out when I cooked it. I looked for traditional oven directions, since most frozen food is better if you cook it in the oven but is a strictly microwave product.

I don't think this would ever be something I bought on a regular basis, but hey, when the munchies strike and all you have at your disposal is the 24 hour grocery store, this isn't so bad. It's like the vegetarian equivalent of those bad gas station hot dogs and burgers people buy when they're drunk and trying to sober up. Not really that good or good for you, but sometimes needed.

No comments: